Terms & Conditions
Cancellations, Refunds and General Terms
Retreat - "Rise in Love"
August 22-28, Mexico
‘We’ refers to Redefining Happiness Limited (held by Cassandra Michael). ‘Guest’ refers to the client that made the booking.
By making a payment you reserve your spot for the retreat "Rise in Love", to be held in Mexico from August 22-28th and you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Cancellation & Refund Policy
1. If you cancel up until July 22nd 2022 the full payment amount will be refunded. From July 22 - August 1st you will receive a 50% refund. If you cancel from August 1st onwards the full amount is non-refundable.
2. You may cancel your participation at any time provided that the cancellation is made to us in writing. You can send an email to email@example.com. Cancellation will take effect from the day that the written request is received by us.
3. Once the retreat has commenced, no refund or part refund or unused portion of your retreat participation will be repaid in the event of cancellation by you.
COVID Friendly Terms
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel the retreat due to COVID related circumstances, we will refund to you all deposits and payments you have made (less credit card fees). We cannot however compensate you for airfare or travel costs incurred. To cover these risks, we highly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
General Terms and Conditions
1. If for any reason beyond our control there is a venue issue, we will find an alternative location for your retreat.
2. If you have any health issues, please inform us and consult your doctor to make sure you are in a fit state to join us. We will also be conducting an intake session.
3. We reserve the right to make any changes to our programme due to unforeseen circumstances, weather conditions or force majeure.
4. We may offer last-minute discount places – this does not affect the status of any guests who have previously paid the full price, and no discount will then become available for them.
5. We accept no liability for loss, damage, injury or illness whilst you are at the retreat with us. A separate liability waiver & contract will be sent out after booking which you are asked to sign electronically.
6. We strongly recommend that you have your own travel insurance to cover any cancellations, loss or injury, including repatriation if necessary.
7. Passports, visas and health/medical requirements: you are responsible for ensuring that you have a valid passport and any necessary visas, or other health requirements.
8. Retreat guests must be respectful and must not engage in offensive, illegal or immoral acts. Should this be a situation or should a guest become a nuisance to staff at the Retreat, then we reserve the right to ask a guest to leave our premises or suspend their activities if it is appropriate to do so, without any compensation.
9. We accept no responsibility for travel tickets such as airfares, trains and boats. This is solely the guest’s responsibility to organise and inform us only of an accurate arrival time.
10. We reserve the right to alter retreat programs and itineraries due to weather, road conditions or other circumstances. These programs may be changed or cancelled at any moment due the trip to assure the safety of our clients and staff. No responsibility is accepted for losses, expenses due to delays, changes of flights or other services because of strikes, accidents, sickness, damage, negligence, weather, war, changes in schedules or other similar causes. We do not assume responsibility for accidents or deaths that can be traced to the participants’ negligence, acts of third parties or exterior circumstances such as weather, natural occurrences, ware or other similar causes.
11. We will not knowingly give your personal information to anybody else (except where required to do so by authorities). We will retain your information and from time to time we may contact you with our promotional and retreat related information.
12. In the course of participation in our retreat, photos or video may be taken by participants, guides and professional photographers. These images may be used in any Redefining Happiness promotional materials, website, all social media platforms (i.e. Instagram), etc., unless the guest specifically requests otherwise. At the start of the retreat we will ask guests to provide their consent in writing. This will give us permission to perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
13. Check-In and Check-Out times are 3pm and 11am respectively.
We strongly suggest that each retreat participant purchase individual travel insurance for their trip. It can be a minimal expense for the benefits it provides. We suggest that you include the “cancel for any reason” option and a policy that includes medical coverage. The best way to protect yourself from any unforeseen circumstance is to purchase trip insurance.
Travel insurance can protect you in case:
· you cancel your participation in the retreat
· retreat is cancelled due to weather, natural disaster, political upheaval, war, or not enough participants to run the trip
· lost or delayed baggage
· medical expenses should you become ill or injured
I hereby acknowledge that I have voluntarily applied to participate in a journey that I have chosen with Redefining Happiness Ltd. I understand that by signing this document I accept and assume responsibility for any and all risks, whether or not specifically itemized herein, to include travel to and from activities and facilities. I hereby irrevocably release Redefining Happiness Ltd (doing business as Cassandra Michael), its employees, associates, board members, property owners, family of the same and any organization that Redefining Happiness Ltd represents or contracts with. They shall be held harmless and blameless in the event of any mishap. I understand that the retreat and recreation activities that are a part of the retreats at Redefining Happiness Ltd may involve some risk of injury or death from various hazards, both obvious and obscure, including but not limited to, injury by acts of other group participants, falling, being struck by falling objects, mountain fauna and flora, and other risks or occurrences not set forth in this agreement. I am prepared and aware of the possibilities of risks and will not look to any entity or individual nor hold them responsible for my well-being or the protection from such risks whether or not those risks are known or unknown by those organizations or individuals.
I am also aware that medical services or facilities may not be readily available or accessible during some or all of the time that I am participating in the experience. I agree that Redefining Happiness Ltd, its principals, guides and agents are not liable for the adequacy or availability of any equipment or supplies that may be provided in conjunction with the experience, or for the adequacy or availability of any first aid or medical care, or the negligent provision of first aid or medical care by it or by its guides or agents, participants, or by any physician, emergency care facility or any other person.
I agree to disclose in my application all truthful information relating to my medical history, current medications and dosages, vitamins or supplements being taken as well as allergies to medications or environmental substances. I agree to disclose any changes made in my dosages of medications to the Redefining Happiness Ltd staff before the journey begins. If I am on medication or any substance that is contraindicated with the use of plant medicines, I agree to discontinue its use no less than three weeks before the retreat begins.
I agree to participate in plant medicine ceremonies for which I am choosing to participate in a completely voluntary manner. My participation has not been incited by the organizer of these sessions or any other person involved. The decision to participate is mine and is based on my own assessment of the effects, the criteria of exclusion, potential risks and benefits, the intention for these sessions, and the commitment of the persons in charge. I legally release Redefining Happiness Ltd and its team of practitioners of any consequences (physical, mental, or emotional) that may arise during or after the session, fully assuming the responsibility for my participation in these sessions or any other sessions I choose to participate in, in the future.
I further agree to respect the person and property of others and to abide by the rules of Redefining Happiness Ltd. I understand that violation of those rules may lead to my expulsion from the experience and facility without a refund.
BY COMPLETING PAYMENT, I AGREE THAT I HAVE READ CAREFULLY THIS LIABILITY WAIVER AND FULLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE WITH ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT IT CONTAINS RELEASES, EXEMPTIONS, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, AND ARE PART OF THE CONTRACT BETWEEN MYSELF AND Redefining Happiness Ltd (DOING BUSINESS AS Cassandra Michael).